Monday, March 10, 2014


Well Hello Everyone!

This week has been alright. Long, tiring and just frustrating. Multiple days was just basically tracting, but with formers and potentials. A lot of them are no good, or not interested. We have found about 5 or so people to follow up on this week and meet with them and start teaching them again. But other than that, we only have one investigator.  It’s hard sometimes. And he didn't come to church again. We basically told him if he still had not come to the church by the 16th we would have to drop him. So hopefully by next week he can come, and also have some new investigators. We finally met with ***. He’s super nice, he’s a member, but hasn't been to church in close to 15 years. He’s married and has a 5 year old daughter, we had not been able to find him for 3 weeks and when we did find him he said he was on vacation to Colombia. His wife is not a member but they send their daughter to church with other family so they can have their own personal day (Sunday) I think there is a lot of potential with her, it just trying to get him to come back. Anyways. Friday we had dinner with the *** and they are doing alright. They didn't come to church again, and I think a lot of it is that *** does not have many people to talk to. Most of the ward thinks he doesn't speak any Spanish, but he does, actually really well for not taking any classes, but he's shy about it. Kind of like me.... oh and the ***, are awesome,*** came to church! and she was really happy to be there. and she is always willing to give referrals. yay! At least someone does.

So Saturday night we got a text and realized that the daylight savings time was changing! Yeah so 1 hour less of sleep. Joy on top of that this whole week I’ve been super tired. So yesterday was super long and I almost fell asleep a couple of times. and now the sun doesn't come up till almost 7 instead of 6 and then it’s really light at 6 at night now instead of dark. I do not enjoy this whole daylight savings thing. Other than that nothing much is new. Today is going to be a chill day. We are just hanging in our apartment and sleeping and writing letters, which I haven't done in a while. Oh so yesterday on the way home from church. The*** gave us a ride and he took the freeway randomly. Usually he takes the side streets. but when we went on one of the overpasses, I think I finally realized how small our mission is. From the overpass we could see the airport, Santa Monica, Hollywood sign, downtown, and Palos Verdes (southern mountain that is the border). And that’s it that is our mission and all is with in sight if you get really high up! It also helped that it was a super clear day! Usually it’s so smoggy that you can’t see downtown. In fact yesterday was the first time I saw it! Next week me and my comp and possible someone else might try to go to the Hollywood sign and hike it. So if you don’t get an email from me early in the day that might be why. He also wants to take me to go see downtown, his last area. Fun stuff here in LA.

Well I love you all. Sounds like a great change for Stake presidency! Also that picture of the Gilbert temple is awesome! I hope all is going well, and I hope everyone enjoys spring break! Just don’t get too crazy! Love you all and hope you have a great week.

Elder Hollingshead
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment