Monday, March 3, 2014


Hola!

 

Well this week has been alright. It just slow here. Nothing much really happens. No one is ever home! grr... we haven't really taught anything, and what we do teach is in English because *** speaks English and prefers English. Owell. We still only have had 2 investigators and Francisco asked us to not come by anymore yesterday. At least he wasn't drunk! He wasn't swearing at us and also told us he respects us, he loves the book of Mormon, and in a way told us he believed it was true. Just he’s Catholic and doesn't want contention in his house because his family does not like us at all and also Francisco does not want to give up his Santos especially Mary.

*** we told him that he has to come to church. Then his mom told us that he can’t. SO we asked why? She told us some random excuse and told us that he is never alone and one of his parents has to come with him. So we invited her to come but she wants nothing to do with us. She really just wants to have us come over to visit with him. So we straight up told her and ***
that unless he comes to church, we will stop visiting him. I hate to drop him, but I don't want him to get comfortable with just talking with us.

So during this week we have just visited active members and basically begged for referrals. I feel so guilty because that's always what the missionaries did when they came to our house and I just kind of shrugged it off. so owell. We all learn somehow or way.  But the most fun happened during the rain this week. I have no idea how much rain we really got, but we did get a lot. and since Wednesday afternoon I didn't see the sun till Sunday afternoon. It reminded me of Mexico not seeing the sun for days. So for the most part we didn't have to worry about the rain much. We would either wait it out because it never rained for super long usually. Sometimes we would just stay at member’s houses and visit. We got soaked Friday and Saturday. Saturday we came back from correlation mtg. and after it just started pouring at 3:30 and we had a dinner appointment then. So we waited 20 min and then the rain backed off. So we quickly went outside and started to head over there because it wasn't that far. Then like 30 sec. later it just started pouring! We literally went 3 blocks and were soaked head to toe. Jacket and shirt pants shoes and everything. and if you thought Arizona was bad street flooding, think again. LA is worse. Literally some of the streets were 6 in inches of water and then some of the drainage dips in the road were 12 in deep. So we just rode as fast as week could and had to dry off for 5-10 min before we could sit down and eat.  So that was fun. So after that apt, we went back to the apartment and changed ad I dried my jacket over the wall heater. Then we went out again and came in early because it was still raining hard and we were wet. So yeah that was the rain.  The church is soooooo True.
 
Well other than that, the *** family came to church again. It’s been a few weeks. So they finally came. The *** family came and it was great. Church was good and we got a new ward mission leader! He seems awesome and is more than willing to help and he wanted to meet with us to get out numbers and to tell us when he is available to help and work with us and when he works. So it’s a great change. It’s weird to think that transfers are in 2 weeks! My comp thinks I will either leave or be senior comp, or stay and train. It will be fun. I have been reading the Book of Mormon lately and I’m in the beginning of Alma, I can’t remember any of the specific scriptures but there is a lot on The Atonement in Alma 7 and I’ve used it before in lessons but I did not realize how great that scripture is. It really shows the importance of being baptized to receive the blessings of the atonement more fully. And through this last transfer some days are really rough and long and tiring and every time I just pray I always have peace and know that sometimes the work is slow but all is fine. I’ve learned a lot and hope to continue to learn and grow in the gospel. I have really received the blessings of the atonement here and I know that Our Savior Jesus Christ really suffered for each and everyone of us, no matter what our circumstances are He knows.

 
I love you all and hope all is going well.  The dedication sounded great. Wish I could have been there. I can’t wait until I come back and go to the gilbert temple. Well I hope stake conference will be great. A new stake presidency, oh man that is crazy, it will all be different when I come back. That's great. Oh and I don't know if you heard Mom and Dad, but Hallie Glidewell got her mission call to Omaha Nebraska!

Have a great week!
 
Love
Elder Hollingshead

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment