Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year


Hello Everyone!

Well this week has been pretty good. A little tired. But well. Yeah so Tuesday we had an appointment with that one lady. It was super bad. The spirit was not there at all not even 1%, frustrating and the guy was just frustrating in general. He presented his church like a business plan. Clipboard with paper. Along with a little bible. and grrrr. I know the bible is not perfect but the longer I’ve been out here the more frustrated I get with different bibles. Every translation is different and they all word things differently. Well. Basically this other church believes the sacrament is the Passover and is only done once a year. They don’t celebrate holidays, and oh they believe Jesus Christ came again already in 1940 or so. We asked if we could start our conversation with a prayer and they straight up said no,
Because we don’t believe in 2nd coming Christ and so forth, and they they started doing their prayer. Super weird and the spirit literally left and it just made it hard. Owell. Also the same day we got cussed out by some dude on the street. He started calling us devils and cussing and basically spiting at us and they he started threatening us so we just left. I hate that street, for many reasons now. owell. Wednesday we did our studies and they went to Mario’s and I made my call. I felt bad, my companion called and no one picked up so for 2 hours he just sat there. But right after that we went to Isabel Morales and taught the law of chastity. It went well. She said that her mom left her dad because he didn’t want to get married, and she said she might have to do the same thing. So that gave us hope, because noel does not want to get married at all. After that appointment my companion called again and got to talk to his family for a while. It was just a trade off.

Thursday was alright. My companion had a Leadership meeting that we had to go to. It was alright, president has a lot of new rules that I think are good. As my companion said, he’s glad our district has no problems with these rules. After we went to find Marcos but he was not available, but we ended up talking to his neighbor for a while and his name is William. He came to our church before and really liked it and his aunt is a member who is coming back. He wants to get baptized and also his cousins are interested too. It was a great find and I hope they will start to progress. He came to church, but left before we could talk to him.  Friday was splits. So I went to another area. It was good, did a lot of riding. Let’s just say one of the companions is leaving this transfer and the other is a follower, so they don’t do much I think. Then that night there was a call and Elder fiddler, the Elder I was on splits with, and he was being emergency transferred the next day at 10 am. So he stayed up till 12:30 or so packing up. It was a long night. Then because the zone leaders had to drive that companionship up to the office, they were short teachers for English class. So we taught the intermediate class. I was super confused cause I had no idea what was going on. Then after we got back from class. We had to walk 2 miles to meet up with other elders to get a bike. Yeah my companion's bike's chain completely broke. and the bike died. Now he has a super awesome bike so we get around a little quicker.

Other than that nothing much new has happened. I was super happy to be able to Skype with you. It was a great day. I loved to hear your voices, and see you. Thanks for all that you do for me. For your prayers and love. I know that this is the Lords work and no matter what happens I Know that it is for a purpose. I Love each and everyone of you  and pray for you all the time. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas! and have a happy new year. I’m assuming that president will sent a message about a curfew that night. Thanks for all your letters and cards that you sent me. It was a great time to read and hear about each of you.

Have a happy new year.

 Love

Elder Hollingshead.

No comments:

Post a Comment